The niveau of Dama House has been upgraded onto the level of Felsenhouse in May 2017. It is an ideal family unit, as it has enough space for 2 adults and say 2 smaller kids (queensize bed). If necessary we can add a stretcher.
- 1 x King size bed
- 1 x Queen size bed in a separate room
- Bathroom with shower
- Small kitchenette
- Coffee machine
- Closed terasse with a lot of windows which can be opened widely (double aluminium door with gauze)
- Small private carport
The Dama House is situated a bit separate but not remote, distance to the main house about 80 m. It offers itself as an:
- Ideal family unit
- For longer stay
- Or even to spent your European winter here
If you look through our website you will see we have different categories from luxury 4 star accommodation with fire place (KLS), mini-bar, coffee machine, own summer and winter terrace to our plain 1 star safari luxury tents. Or for nature lovers our very basic equipped chalets (at the Hippo dam or at Daviddraai) and camping. It is simply like that if you travel with kids you have different costs than travelling alone. For that reason we have different categories to suit different individual needs but all can still participate in all the different activities.
Dama house is now a family unit on a 3 star level. The price is in the same range like Felsenhaus. You have not got the same view but other advantages like the big terrace etc.
The rates are always per person per night.
* DBB + 1 activity: Accommodation, breakfast, 3-course dinner and 1 activity is included. Lunch is not included and can be booked separately. For the activity you can choose from leopard & cheetah drive, game drive, mountain drive or horse riding, see activities for more info.
About the rates
- 15% VAT, 2% bedlevy, land tax and conservation fee are included in the rates
- Any change in our government tax is excluded in the rates
- If you make a reservation via a travel agent or tour operator please mention "halfboard and activities" which is our package price, only halfboard does not include the activities.
With 14.000 ha and a lot game (including big game) we face the same costs as public parks for maintaining roads, fences, boreholes, dams, fire breakers and other environmental matters (see Eco award). We also have to build accommodation for staff. In the past we have covered these costs only with the room rates without mentioning. Since 2010 we have published the conservation fee for more transparency. Now everyone should have a better base to compare our rates with B&Bs or hotels where these conservation costs do not exist.
Discount for children in parent's room
- 0 to 3 years: free of charge
- 4 to 12 years: 50%
Cancellation fee from
- For any confirmation of your booking, a non-refundable deposit of 25% is to be paid with reservation.
- 28 days before arrival: 50% of total booked service
- 15 days before arrival: 100% of total booked service (no refund);
- We reserve the right to increase our rates at any time in accordance with electricity and fuel price increases and any possible government taxes or changes in VAT (value added tax), bed levy, or land tax;
Payments may be made with cash or using following credit cards: Visa – MasterCard.